The Indonesian Scholarship and Research Support Foundation (ISRSF) invites talented Indonesians to participate in the Foundation’s History Essay Competition. The goal of this competition is to recognize the work of Indonesians interested in history and to inspire young Indonesians to become historians.
► Who is qualified to enter the competition?
• All Indonesian citizens with a strong interest in history.
• You hold either an S1 or S2 degree as of the end of 2014.
• You are 35 years old or younger at the time you submit your essay.
► What can you write about?
• Any subject or period in Indonesian history from 1800 to 2000.
• The focus can be on a social, economic, political, cultural, or ideological topic.
• You can focus on individuals, groups, movements, trends, ideas, organizations, or any combination of these.
► When is the deadline?
• Essays must be submitted online to ISRSF no later than 30 November 2014 at midnight (WIB).
► What are the criteria for winning?
• Originality, clarity, coherence, use of sources, and the quality of the writing.
► Other guidelines?
• Essays must be written in English and carefully edited for content, spelling, and grammar.
• Essays must be non-ficton, based on research, and be 2,500 words or less.
• Essays must be written and edited by the same individual (no outside help).
•Each writer can submit only one essay for this competition.
• Essays must be new, original, and written specifically for this competition.
• Previously published essays, whether in print or online (in any form), will not be accepted.
• All sources (primary or secondary) used in the essay must be fully and properly cited. All direct quotes must appear in quotation marks.
• ISRSF will scan all essays using plagiarism software that can detect any material previously published in books, articles,or available online.
• Essays should have a title. The author’s name should appear under the title. Avoid using headers and footers.
• Essays must be submitted in Word .doc or .docx format. Use 12 pt Times New Roman font. PDFs will not be accepted.
• Margins should be set to 1” on all sides. Pages should be numbered.
• ISRSF reserves the right to publish the winning essays and name the winning writers on its website.
Please send your essay attached with the History Essay Competition Form and a scan of your ID (KTP) for verification to: email@example.com